Air conditioners require periodic maintenance to give trouble-free heating and cooling solutions to your home. While it is advisable to take the help of professional and experienced technicians to fix your broken air conditioner, you can also inspect and fix minor problems.
How To Properly Check Your Air Conditioning Unit
Most homes these days have split air conditioners, a type of air conditioner that has a box with all the machines sitting outside the home. Two lines connect this box to the interior of the home, one taking warm air and the other cool air.
This box contains three important machines of the air-conditioning system: compressor, fan, and condensing coil.
So let’s begin the inspection of the machines sitting outside in this box.
You can start the inspection by checking if the box is clean and the vents are unobstructed. The air-conditioning system works by sucking in the fresh air and sending it to your home by either cooling it through the condenser or heating it by the furnace. So make sure it’s unobstructed and clean as if it’s a new installation.
Outside the box, you would find the condensing coils. These, too, tend to accumulate a lot of dirt and dust. Clean it with a garden hose and remove all the filth and obstructions.
If you find these things difficult, it’s a good idea to engage HVAC technicians for the job and watch them working on your air-conditioning system. Perhaps, you will be able to learn enough to do it the next time.
Now follow the following steps to carry out a thorough inspection of your broken AC:
- Make sure the box is sitting on a level surface. If it is not, it will stress the refrigerant lines.
- Now turn it on and set the thermostat about 5 degrees below the current air temperature.
- Check if the fan is turning. If the AC has not turned on, you need some serious troubleshooting.
- It’s time to check if the furnace switch is on and working. If it is not, your AC won’t run.
- Check the fuse of the main panel.
- Replace the thermostat batteries if they are not working.
- Ensure the fan cover at the blower is in place.
- Check the exterior for the disconnect switch and make sure it’s on when you want to turn on the AC.
- You should also check out the filters for both condenser and furnace to make sure they are clean.
Is Hiring A McKinney Air Conditioning Specialist Necessary?
If you are still clueless about why your AC is not working or not working efficiently, you should consider hiring expert HVAC specialists like Airview AC company to identify and fix the problem.
When To Decide If Your AC Unit Needs To Repair Or Replacement
Depending on how new or old your AC is, you should decide on repairing or replacing the unit. If it is sufficiently old, it’s better to replace it because frequent repairs would not only cost you quite a lot of money, but it will also cause discomfort.…